Thursday 14 April 2011

Third up in Semi One... Review - Albania 2011 - "Feel The Passion"

Oh it's a bit manic and scary.

Albania are all or nothing as far as I am concerned, they are the ultimate hit or miss nation of Eurosong.

When they get it right, they present moments of Eurovision Gold, from the “I'm queeeeeeen of the wooooooorld of maaaaaake believe” in “Image of you” or the dancing dwarves and scary sequin gimp-mask-guy of “Carry me in your dreams” to the scene-stealing backing singer-mommas of “It's all about you” from last year.

However, when they get it wrong, it can be shocking, and they end up sending something like this:



Oh dear Albania.

There are some small nuggets in this, firstly while Aurela is clearly as mad as a bucket of frogs, she comes across in interviews at least as A Loveable Diva. In an interview over on esctoday.com I loved her quote: “My name is Aurela Gaçe and I love my face!”. Not sure how this will come across on the telly when she is performing in the first semi though!!

Also, the video has had a wee bit of money spent on it, it's just a shame that the song itself is such a mess... To me it's just a three minute dirge, sorry Aurela. I can't help but be scared that she'll visit me in the small hours and put a bat up my nightdress if she ever read this... So on to the summary!!

Danpoints out of a hundred: 24
Is it getting out of the Semi Final?: With an early draw and better and more memorable songs around either side of it, I don't think so...
Would be better sung by: Aurela herself has said that when she wears black hair, people think she is Liza Minelli!! Now there's a version of “Feel the Passion” I'd like to hear!
What Would Terry Wogan Say?: “Does her own hair, and wearing something her mother made out of a pair of curtains...”

1 comment:

  1. It's not normally the kind of song I go for, but I really like this one. I must say Albania have had some fab songs. The 3 you listed above are great especially "Carry Me In Your Dreams"! One of my all time favourites!

    ReplyDelete