Saturday 30 April 2011

Georgia Porgia, Pudding and Pie....

Well I don't know about you, but I'll be nipping up from viewing Semi One a week on Tuesday and helping myself to some pudding or pie, and more than likely another port and lemon too.

Have a listen to this:



Maybe you like it? I'm afraid I can't say that I do! It's not *bad* but just a bit too unmemorable and a bit too noisy for me, and as for the rap, oy, oy oy...

Georgia have yet to enthuse me at Eurovision to be honest, they debuted in 2007 with a truly awful banshee wailer of a song, they sent a Peace Anthem a year later, sung by a girl what was blind and rather than want to vomit as I did, the rest of Europe sent her into the final!! In 2009, they wanted to send a not-at-all-political song to their good "friends" in Russia called "We don't wanna Put In" (yes, I know), and last year they sent a song so unmemorable, the only thing I can remember about it is the fitty fitsters that were dancing along with her (they got their chests out and weren't wearing any shoes, not that I pay any attention to that kind of thing)!!!

So given the fact that I've spent more time talking about other Georgian songs than their entry this year, my summary is sadly not positive:

Danpoints out of a hundred: Oh, about seven!!
Is it getting out of the Semi Final?: Difficult to call - Georgia have a good track record in getting out of the final, this could be the one that sees them going home early though!!
Would be better sung by: Frankly, anyone!! Maybe my old mum would sing it better...
What Would Terry Wogan Say?: "Now this is the first year Georgia are in the contest, and I can't see it doing well". (He *never* got the hang of new countries entering Eurovision!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not too keen either! I did like their entry last year though. It was one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Rashid, but are you sure you weren't swayed too much by the backing dancers? ;-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe..well! ;-)
    I wasn't actually that hooked on "Shine" at first, but after last year's contest I played it a few times and started to love it.

    ReplyDelete