Saturday 23 April 2011

Oh, Oh, Oh, it's Magic(al)!!! Serbia in great song shocker!

Serbia and I have had a tricky Eurovision relationship in the past... I knew "Molitva" would win as soon as I heard it, but then when they sent a comedy song about a pair of shoes in 2009 I don't think I was the only person in Europe to be suprised that they didn't qualify to the final!

This year Serbia are sending this, and I LOVE IT!!!!:



It's going to be sung in Serbian on the night, and there is some debate in Fandom as to whether it should be performed in Dusseldorf in Serbian or English, but I wanted to share this rather wonderful English language version video with you! It's got fabulous backing singers with some groovy moves! It's got a chorus catchier than the flu! And most of all a singer that can really sing, hoorah!

Serbia held a rather bizarre national final when three members of a family each entered a song, but from now on, it's all about Nina. The song was performed with a real 60s vibe to it when it was selected in Belgrade, and I hope they keep it that way for the Eurovision contest itself. It's my winner so far!!!

Danpoints out of a hundred: 78
Is it getting out of the Semi Final?: Oh it should do!! Serbia qualify to the final more often than not, and it's a catchy pop song! Come on and vote for it, Europe!!
Would be better sung by: Duffy, Dusty, or other good female singers starting with D. Except Dido.
What Would Terry Wogan Say?: "If they go for bounce, pizazz, and short skirts, it's gonna win!!"

4 comments:

  1. I love it too! Prefer the English version, but both are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, it's going straight on to our blogroll! And you better pick up the pace if you're planning on finishing up your reviews before the National Finals' Season 2012 starts;-)

    Kisses, A&G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rashid, it is fab, and deserves to do well! And thanks ever so for your kind words ladies, I promise to pick up the pace at once! Russia up in a mo! :)))

    ReplyDelete