Sunday 17 April 2011

Emmy sings for Armenia, but no awards in sight sadly!

So we crash on with our look at this years Eurovision tunes with this years entry from Armenia...

Now this will get it's share of the votes, just you wait and see. The performer, Emmy is not only a big star in Armenia, but wikipedia says that she is a star in Russia and Turkey too, so it must be true! Emmy is one of a number of acts in this years contest that have tried to represent their country at ESC before, she came second in Armenia last year with a song that was endorsed by Ricky Martin if you please! This year, with no such endorsement, she got the ticket to Dusseldorf, make of that what you will :)))

So, to the actual song:



Hmmm, there's not a lot to it really, is there? IMO, it's a weak attempt at the Ethnic Pop Song, which often does well at Eurovision, and in it's favour, I do find myself singing "Boom Boom Chaka Chaka" at random moments of the day, but then I have heard the song approximately 326 times by now.

It's difficult to see it winning, but you never know!

Danpoints out of a hundred: 52
Is it getting out of the Semi Final?: It's bound to - Armenia always qualify as far as I can recall. As to whether it deserves to, that's a different matter...
Would be better sung by: Boom Boom Chaka Chaka Khan of course!
What Would Terry Wogan Say?: "A whiff of the souk!"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one! I actually think it's my favourite this year. I keep reading that a lot of people hate this song. I don't think it will win, but it so catchy. I wan't it to do well. Can't stop singing it either! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well yes, it does have that singalonga quality to it Rashid, so it's one to watch I guess!

    ReplyDelete