Friday 29 April 2011

Just too cute!! Like a cute Swiss Button!!!

Plucky Switzerland, they *do* try...

2008 saw them send the not entirely un-attractive Paolo Meneguzzi with a nice enough song that he kind of stuffed up on the night, 2009 saw them send the not entirely attractive Lovebugs with a nice enough song that they stuffed up on the night and in 2010, well, you get the picture....

This year sees Switzerland try to reach the final for the first time since 2006 with a nice enough song that hopefully Anna Rossinelli will perform very well indeed for it is a lovely gentle yet catchy tune! And she's only gone and done herself a proper professional video and everything!!!:



Oooh, but melikes this! I can just hear it on Radio 2 as Ken Bruce's song of the week or something, it's got a very contemporary vibe to it in a female-singersongwritery kind of way, hasn't it? Hasn't it?

Anna has performed this song well in all the live performances of the song that I've seen on Tinternet, so I can only keep everything crossed that she will do well for Switzerland with this in a week or so's time! In summary then:

Danpoints out of a hundred: 77
Is it getting out of the Semi Final?: Oh, I would love it to! However, my head is saying no, it's on early in the draw, and Switzerland can't seem to do well lately.... I've got everything crossed that Anna will buck the trend though as this deserves to be in the final in my opinion!
Would be better sung by: I'd love to hear Lys Assia sing this - she won the first Eurovision ever, you know (and get's wheeled out every year like a museum exhibit for everyone to point/laugh at)!!
What Would Terry Wogan Say?: "Now this *should* do well, and not a cuckoo clock in sight!".

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet song. I love her voice too. Hope it makes the final!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it a lot and I LOVED Switzerland last year!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete