Sunday 12 February 2012

Tooji takes trophy in Norway!

Next up is Norway who selected their Eurovision entry last night in an amazing final! Several really good songs competed for the right to sing for Norway at Eurovision in May and the one that emerged triumphant was this:



Now this has really divided the fans - you either seem to hate it ("it's a copy of Eric Saade's song for Sweden last year"/"it's for bed-wetting 10-year olds") or love it ("it's fab and catchy"/"it's a modern pop dance song that could be in the charts"), and I am firmly in the "love" camp!

I think Norway have been very canny here, with a pop song with ethnic tinges, by an Iranian-born singer that will perform in Azerbaijan, Tehran is just next door! I think it's not just the Azeris will love Tooji either...

But saying all that, it still qualifies as a Eurotravesty!!! I do like this song a lot, but it wasn't my favourite by a long chalk!! I *loved* this wee ballad and so did the juries! This was leading the vote after the juries had given their scores, but wasn't popular, it wasn't popular enough with the televotes to win the overall vote. Still I loved it, it's very like it could be off of a musical, or Disney film, but that's no bad thing!:



*Sigh* I really do think this could have won for Norway at Eurovision, but we'll never know! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I LURVE Tooji **does eric saade type dance to it** and I think they were wise to go for this especially as Eric did so well last year!! I love the tune and the ethnic undertones .... will be dancing to this in club Paradise!!

    ReplyDelete