Saturday 4 February 2012

Ok, ok, so I let it slide... I was kind of busy....

Ta-dah!!! Yes, back with a big glitter explosion is my Eurovision Blog!!

You may have noticed, although I'm guessing not (!), that my blog kinda just stopped last year... In the words of Baccara: "Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet - tell me all about eet??" - well I went and got married, that's what, Baccara, and the planning for that took me away from my Euro-duties!!

But I have returned, and before I start to look at the tunes selected for this year's contest so far (and what a bunch they are!!), here's the reason why we're off to a contest that is being held the furthest East it has ever been this year... The Eurovision this year is being held in Baku, because of the not-entirely-unexpected victory for Azerbaijan last year!! The Azeris have been threatening to win the contest ever since they debuted in 2008, their winning song came top on the preview party I held and it was staged *very* well. It didn't exactly set the music charts alight across Europe after it won, but here it is nonetheless, enjoy this final look back at last year!:


No comments:

Post a Comment