Sunday 5 February 2012

Third time lucky - This was Kurt's night in Malta...

So plucky wee Malta chose their song for Eurovision last night, and as Terry Wogan would say, the vote went down to the wire!

The Maltese National final always seems to take about five hours, and it was very nearly a very awful and boring ballad that got the ticket to Baku, however the best song among a mediocre bunch won in the end, and so we'll be seeing Kurt Calleja at Eurovision this year with "This is the Night". I can't help thinking that the introduction to the song promises more than it delivers....:



You can't knock a tryer though, and this is Kurt's third attempt to represent Malta at the Eurovision, and the Maltese public always seem to reward those who if at first they don't succeed, try, try, and try again!

Actually the more I listen to it, the more I like it, the English lyric is a bit simple and twee "Hey, look at me and you'll see that I'm into you" doesn't fit well with me, but I like the vibe! And it sure is better than their song last year! And I like his look :P What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment