Saturday 23 April 2011

Hey there you with the sad face, come up to my place and live it...ohhh....

So we crash on with the first semi final in this years Eurovision, and it's Turkey's turn at song number five!

But, but, it's time for a Traditional Turkish Ethnopop song this year and they give us rock!!! I submit my evidence:

2007: Ethnopop - you remember the wee small chappy being revealed from a big quality street wrapper with the song "Shake it up Sekerim", or whatever it was, right?

2008: Turkish Rock - Mor ve Otesi sang the rock song "Deli" about their favourite place to buy a spot of lunch.

2009: Ethnopop - Hadise took my favourite song of the year, "Dum Tek Tek" to Moscow and shook her tush like the Turkish Beyonce she is!

2010: Turkish Rock - ManGa rocked Oslo with silver robot woman, sparks, epilepsy-inducing flashing lights and, oh yes, geetars!

So there was I, looking forward to a bit of ethnopop from Turkey this year, and this is what I get!!! (well, what we all get tbh):



Where's the bellydancing, flowing fabrics and bongos???

Having said that, I do like a bit of Turkrock, and this is a solid entry from Turkey. A fair bit of a grower though and I can't see a lot of people loving this from the outset. However it's Turkey and they always do well, so a Top 10 finish is likely.

Danpoints out of a hundred: 70
Is it getting out of the Semi Final?: It's Turkey and so it's bound to...
Would be better sung by: ManGa or Mor ve Otesi I guess!! :)
What Would Terry Wogan Say?: "It's during a song like that that you really notice the set, don't you?"

2 comments:

  1. Not sure about this one or even last year's entry. I loved Hadise in 2009 though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, I knew you have good taste in there somewhere Rashid! :-)))

    ReplyDelete